Friday, October 30, 2015

The Night Before Halloween

’Twas the night before Halloween, and all throughout Mass,
not one girl was stirring, not one single lass.  

The pumpkins all sat on the porches with care,
in the hopes that some ghoulies soon would be there.

The girls were snuggled all cozy in bed,
while visions of chocolates danced in their heads.

And the GWA at her cauldron, busy at work
Watched her cat walk away
and thought “what a jerk!” 

When she heard from above a small pitter-patter,
And looked at the ceiling to see what was the matter.

Up from her seat she flew like a bat
and she loudly exclaimed “what in Neptune was that?!”

The lamps that she had affixed to the ground
gave an eerie luster to objects around.

When what to our scared GWA’s sight did appear
something that filled her heart with great fear.

With a little old broomstick and a long black dress,
she knew right away it was a sorceress.

Faster than bats on her broomstick she came
and she cackled and shouted and called out her name:
“Now, child, you see, I am Grizelda,
the witchiest witch from the land of Ethelba.
I heard you need a spell, and you’re in a press
because you want your event to be a success.”

“Yes it’s true,” said the GWA, “I am in a bind.
Fun Halloween games I have yet to find.
I’ve searched up and down, I’ve racked my whole brain,
but making up fun is just such a pain.”

“Then let me help,” said Griselda.
“It is fun for a witch,
we love to play games, it makes us feel rich.
I will just need to cast my one little spell,
then the party is on and there’s no need to dwell.
I don’t deal in black magic, that’s just not me.
I’m a good witch, a nice witch, and I’ll help you for free.”

The GWA thought and she thought then thought some more.
If this was the right choice, she just wasn’t sure.
She concluded at last that it wasn’t a con
And agreed before the witch could be gone.

Grizelda said, “perfect! Now, boopity boop!
Green slime and slug grime and scoobity doop!
This GWA has worked for a holiday blast,
so let’s make it happen, and happen real fast!”

The next day at the party, the girls were all there.
They had all dressed in costumes and done up their hair.  

They said, “Wow GWA! This party’s like magic!
We all were just hoping that it wouldn’t be tragic!
But you have exceeded all our expectations,
This is among the best of the year’s celebrations!”

The GWA looked to Grizelda, her newly-found friend,
and was glad to see that Halloween would have such a great end.

And so she exclaimed as Grizelda took flight:
“Happy Halloween to all, and to all a good fright!”


 





    











    










No comments:

Post a Comment